THIS PETITION IS NOW CLOSED AND HAS BEEN SUBMITTED TO LAMBETH COUNCIL AS PART OF THEIR CHILDREN'S CENTRE CONSULTATION. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT.
The Labour-run Lambeth Council has announced plans that could see services close at five children’s centres and reduce at many others.
The five children’s centres under threat of closure are:
- Coin Street Children’s Centre, Stamford Street, SE1 9NH
- Heathbrook Children’s Centre, Smedley Street, SW4 6PH
- Lark Hall Children’s Centre, St Rule Street, SW8 3EH
- Weir Link Children’s Centre, Weir Road, SW12 0NU
- Sunnyhill Children’s Centre, Harborough Road, SW16 2U
The cuts will make it more difficult for parents to access vital services and come at the same time as Labour is spending £100 million on renovating the Town Hall.
Sign our petition
Local Liberal Democrats are collecting signatures from local residents for a petition calling for Labour to rethink the plans, with a consultation on the cuts to children’s centres set to end on 10th February.
“I/we the undersigned call on Lambeth Council to rethink its plans to close five children’s centres in Lambeth, including the Weir Link and Sunnyhill Children’s Centres.”
Published and promoted by D. Leigh on behalf of Rebecca Macnair (Liberal Democrats) all at Flat 2, 13 Hopton Road, London, SW16 2EH.