The Labour-run Lambeth Council has announced plans that could see services close at five children’s centres and reduce at many others.
The five children’s centres under threat of closure are:
- Coin Street Children’s Centre, Stamford Street, SE1 9NH
- Heathbrook Children’s Centre, Smedley Street, SW4 6PH
- Lark Hall Children’s Centre, St Rule Street, SW8 3EH
- Weir Link Children’s Centre, Weir Road, SW12 0NU
- Sunnyhill Children’s Centre, Harborough Road, SW16 2U
The cuts will make it more difficult for parents to access vital services and come at the same time as Labour is spending £100 million on renovating the Town Hall.
Sign our petition
Local Liberal Democrats are collecting signatures from local residents for a petition calling for Labour to rethink the plans, with a consultation on the cuts to children’s centres set to end on 10th February.
“I/we the undersigned call on Lambeth Council to rethink its plans to close five children’s centres in Lambeth, including the Weir Link and Sunnyhill Children’s Centres.”