The night of the 2015 General Election I knew I had to stop shouting at Question Time and do something useful. On reflection, I’ve always been a L/liberal. I am a non-conformist. But what if you are not?
Authority should be challenged if it is stopping you from being free to live a good life. What if you are afraid to challenge?
Having two autistic sons I know what it’s like to engage with ‘The System’ that is Lambeth Council. Campaigning in the Coldharbour by-election I saw just how hard it is to get the simplest assistance.
I’m here to have a go at changing that.
- Holding Labour to account for delivering services and value for residents: particularly in regard to housing and estate maintenance and
individuals being able to access services and support they need.
- Responding to the changing needs of the community post-pandemic: from return to work support and apprenticeships to creating shared working spaces to encourage enterprise.
- Protecting parks and open spaces around Waterloo and across the borough... and creating more!
- Cleaner air: work for better active travel infrastructure and fair road pricing.
- A safer Lambeth: I will be championing our campaign to End Violence Against Women and Girls (which I have assisted Donna Harris with).
LIB DEM ACTIVITIES
- Led campaigning in Bishops/Waterloo for Sarah Lewis in the 2019 General Election and during the 2021 GLA elections (our second highest vote share in the borough).
- Candidate in the Coldharbour (Brixton) by-election in September 2018; target ward candidate in Thurlow Park in May 2018.
- Part of the messaging and communications group for the London-wide campaign in the Mayoral/GLA election (led by Bobby Dean).
- Spoke at Federal Conference in favour of policy motion supporting the tourism industry.
- Lambeth Borough Party Chair from 2019 to 2021.