The Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Lambeth Liberal Democrats will take place on Sunday 29th November 2020 at 6pm.
As we approach the end of an unprecedented year the AGM is an opportunity to reflect upon the last 12 months and also to look ahead to 2021 and to set the priorities for the local party in Lambeth.
We are delighted that we will be joined by Luisa Porritt, our Liberal Democrat London Mayoral Candidate, who will talk to us about her campaign and her priorities for 2021.
We will hold this year’s AGM over Zoom– if you need assistance in setting up Zoom on your computer or phone then please let me know and I can provide guidance.
Please register your intention to join us and to receive the Zoom room details at EVENTBRITE.
We will meet at 6.00pm via Zoom. Details to be provided.
2. Apologies for absence.
3. Note minutes of 2019 AGM. (Available to download)
4. Chair’s Report, on the activities of the Local Party and the Executive Committee since the previous AGM.
5. Approve the accounts of the Local Party for the previous financial year together with an independent report on those accounts, and to receive a report from the Treasurer including an outline budget for the following year. The Treasurer will deliver the report on the party finances at the AGM. Members may request a copy of our annual accounts by emailing our Secretary.
6. Appointment of external examiner for the annual accounts.
7. Reports on the proceedings of the Federal and Regional Conferences since the previous AGM.
8. Report on exploration of creation of a Candidate Support Fund
9. Consideration of any motion which has been submitted by any member of the Local Party to the Secretary.
10. Election of Officers and Ordinary Members of the ExecutiveCommittee:
- Vice Chairs (Fundraising, Candidates & Elections, Policy & Campaigns)
- Data Officer
- Membership Development Officer
- Ordinary Members (8)
11. Talk by Luisa Porritt, Liberal Democrat candidate for Mayor of London.
NOMINATIONS FOR EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE POSITIONS
Any member of the Local Party can stand as an officer or ordinary member of the Executive Committee. The deadline for nominations is noon on 28th November however it would be most helpful if you could submit nominations by the 21st November in order to allow time for the preparation of the election. Please send nominations to the Chair, Doug Buist.
If you are interested in finding out more about the different roles on the Executive then you can read short descriptions here.
Any member of the Local Party can submit a motion. Please send to the Secretary, Alex Haylett, by noon 21 November 2020. Motions can include:
- Policy motion: a proposal for a particular policy,
- Business motion: a proposal about how the Party works internally,
- Topical Issue discussion: instead of a motion, members can submit a request to have a discussion on a policy issue of significant and topical relevance, conducted without a vote.
Two motions have already been submitted:
- To amend our constitution to change the deadline for nominations of candidates for the Executive,
- To amend our constitution to change the requirements for member notification of the AGM.
Details of these motions and of any that are submitted before the deadline can be viewed here.