Lambeth Liberal Democrats is an active local party with three constituencies, one MP (Chuka Umunna MP) and a large and engaged membership. We are looking for a dynamic and committed organiser to ensure that our campaigning runs efficiently, that our campaigning capacity is strengthened, and that we are prepared for and can fight a General Election when called. The organiser's time will initially be split evenly between the constituencies of Vauxhall and Streatham, and in the event of a General Election the organiser will be directed towards the area where the resource can be used most effectively.
We have tremendous energy and enthusiasm in our local party, with a mixture of long-term activists and newly engaged members and are looking for someone to bring this together into the most effective possible operation. We need someone who has excellent people skills, can motivate and co-ordinate volunteers, and can organise events, literature production and engagement with a diverse community.
Title: Campaigns Organiser
Salary: Annual equivalent rate of £30,000
Hours: Full time
Contract: Initially 4 months
How to apply: Please send CV and covering letter to Doug Buist at [email protected] Closing date is 4th September 2019.
- Work with ward teams to recruit, develop and manage members and helpers and maintain a members and helpers database
- Increase party membership and renewal of lapsed members
- Support fundraising and assist with social events
- Co-ordinate campaigning events, activities and communication in cooperation with MP, PPCs, campaign leaders, the Exec and members. Organise action days, maintain delivery networks and wholesale literature to deliverers. Support on targeting and arranging canvassing sessions.
- Attend relevant conferences and training
- Support the maintenance of the campaigns database
- Implement ongoing programme of voter identification
- Organise/promote relevant training for activists in campaigning techniques
- Build the capacity of the local party and share good practice with other London parties
- Outreach to community groups to share Liberal Democrat messages and organise relevant visits for Lib Dem candidates and representatives.
- Outgoing with excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly organised and used to busy environments - able to perform well under pressure.
- Strong communication skills
- Able to take initiative and work individually as well as part of a team
- Campaigning experience
- Commitment to Liberal Democrat values.
- Good understanding of Lambeth borough and the issues facing its diverse communities, or to demonstrate knowledge of a similar London area.